We’re committed to providing a safe start to the 2020-20201 school year in Meadows Hall. Below are a few of the ways we’re preparing for a healthy and enjoyable experience in our hall.
- Masks are required for students and faculty in all common areas at all times.
- Room furniture has been arranged to provide maximum spacing between roommates’ beds and desks.
- Room inspections will continue to occur nightly, with increased expectations for cleanliness and organization.
- Dorm meetings will occur primarily among dorm families (4-5 gentlemen and a dorm parent) rather than in whole-dorm groups.
- Kitchen and laundry schedules have been modified to give students more access to these areas so they can observe healthy routines when preparing food and have time to wash their clothes and face coverings.
- Students will receive nightly temperature checks after study hours.
- Boarders are encouraged to follow health and safety routines when going on leave.
- As we continue educating our gentlemen on our standards of Care, Compassion and Courage, just as we always have, we’ll bring topics of health as well as physical and emotional wellbeing to the forefront.
The Lunar new year, celebrated in countries such as China, Korea and Vietnam, began on Saturday, January 25. In the Chinese zodiac, this is a year of the Rat, an animal know for its wit and flexibility. The Webb community celebrated the event with a plentiful feast organized by Mrs. Berzinskas, presentations and performances in Chapel, and a fireworks display. Happy New Year from all of us in Meadows Hall!
Santa’s little helpers have been hard at work bringing plenty of holiday cheer to Meadows Hall! We’ve decorated the tree, put up the lights and hung our stockings, which Santa will come to fill with treats before we leave for Christmas Break. Our gentlemen also hosted a social for the ladies of Wendel Haynes Hall with s’mores, hot chocolate, games and a fire pit.
This Thursday, December 12, we’ll join the Webb community in Chapel at 7:00 pm for the annual Lessons & Carols program. On Monday, December 16, we’ll gather in the dining hall for Formal Dinner and then return to the dorm to swap our Secret Santa gifts.
Midterm exams begin on Tuesday, December 17, and students may depart for Christmas Break as soon as they’ve finished their last exam. We wish everyone a very happy holiday season!